Get a FREE web friend login to read private articles



Notifiable Work Requirements: What are they and what do I need to do?

In November 2012 to cut red tape a new category of plumbing and drainage work called ‘notifiable work’ was created. This expands the amount of plumbing and drainage work that does not require a permit or mandatory inspections. When a plumbing licensee performs notifiable work, they must lodge a Form 4 to the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) within 10 days of completion. If the work is for on or behalf of a public sector entity (PSE), a Form 4A should be lodged (free). The PSE is responsible to ensure the Form 4A is lodged in time. 

The vast majority of work undertaken in existing buildings will be notifiable work, including:

·         kitchen and bathroom additions and renovations

·         installing or replacing hot water heaters

·         installing fixtures in an existing home or building (for example toilets, showers and sinks)

·         extending or altering pipe work on existing buildings.

Further information may be found at: